• 1. Where will students stay while in China?

    Students will stay in school dormitories. The host school will provide student housing appropriate for accommodating international students. Every two-four students will share one unit (the teachers in charge will have a single-bed unit). The dormitory buildings have telephone lines, air conditioner, laundry facility and a lounge space. Students will stay in a hotel suitable for international students if participating in a special short-term trip.

  • 2. Will students be grouped with other students according to age group?

    Yes, students will be grouped with peers within a similar age group

  • 3. What (daily necessities) do students need to bring with them for daily life?

    Usually there are basins, towels, soaps, slippers, shampoo etc. in the dorm. Students would need to bring daily clothes, casual shoes, general medicine, and other essentials they need in daily life, such as make-up, umbrellas, etc. If students take medicine regularly for asthma, diabetes and so on, they should bring all medicine in original bottles and with a note from a doctor in his or her home county in case of emergency.

  • 4. How do students do their laundry?

    Usually there are several automatic washing machines in the dorm. The host schools will make arrangements for students to do their laundry. They will either distribute washing cards/access for students to do laundry themselves or collect students’ clothes and do laundry for them.

  • 5. What type of food will be served to students every day?

    The host school will provide food that is rich in flavor and suitable to foreigners’ taste. The host school will also satisfy special requirements such as vegetarian meals.

  • 6. Is Wifi and/or Internet access available for students to communicate home?

    The host schools all have computer rooms where students would log onto the Internet and send emails to their families and friends. Also there are international phones in or just outside of student dorm rooms for calling home.

  • 7. If camp is in a school, what type of school specifically?

    Summer camp is hosted by a renowned Universities in Nanjing, Beijing and Shanghai. These Universities are experienced in international education exchange and they have qualified Chinese language teachers and staff, as well as large facilities for student academic, cultural, and indoor/outdoor activity.

  • 8. How do parents communicate with students and chaperones?

    There are telephones and computer rooms at the host school or student's accommodation and students can call their families or send emails. Before students depart for China, GLC will provide a phone number with 24-hour availability for parents to be able to contact children if needed. When parents are not able to contact their children, they can always be in touch with the contact person, who is always with the students. GLC also uses a Chinese app called WeChat which offers free calls and chats and can send videos, photos and documents if necessary.  

  • 9. What is the daily schedule? What kinds of activities will students do?

    During the program, students will study Chinese language and culture (paper-cutting, calligraphy, brush painting, tea ceremony, martial arts, etc.), participate in various sports and cultural activities (friendly basketball matches, international student get-togethers, host family experiences, etc.); and visit points of interest of China's long history and sites of natural beauty. If students are participating in a short term trip, the daily schedule will be tailored to meet special needs and request. 

  • 10. Do you ever change the trip itinerary?

    Yes, the trip itinerary may change. Although the trip highlights are a fairly close description of activities, it may not be precise. GLC will communicate any trip changes to you and your family well in advance of the trip to China. While some changes occur outside of our control, most trip changes are made in the interest of developing a more successful trip.

  • 1. What does the program fee include?

    The program fee includes all classes, textbooks/guides, welcome package, activities, transportation to and from the airport on trip days, admission fees and transportation to local historical and cultural trips included in the camp itinerary, three meals daily seven days a week with water, international travel insurance (full summer program only), welcome and farewell banquet and an official group photo.

  • 2. What is not included in the program fee?

    The program fee does not include international air ticket to and from China, separate airport pickup/drop off, Chinese visa, personal spending money and travel insurance outside of full regular summer programs. However, GLC highly recommend use of our travel service to maximize opportunities for savings on group travel. 

  • 3. What forms of payment do you accept?

    We accept all major credit cards and paypal payments, however it is highly recommended to mail all camp payment to the GLC provided address to avoid credit card fees.

  • 4. What is the refund policy?

    The refund policy for all program sessions are as follows:

    • 60+ days prior to start of program 100% less $100 administrative fee
    • 45-59 days prior to start of program 80%
    • 21-44 days pror to start of program 50%
    • Less than 21 days prior to start of program No Refund


  • 5. Do you accept foreign currency such as Chinese Yuan?

    Yes, we accept foreign currency through our streamline, secured safe pay system. Contact your country representative or email info@globallinkchina.org if you need more information.

  • 6. Who can attend this program?

    This program is open to youth beginning at age 8, teens and young adults in college programs. Young students between ages 8 and 12 may need to travel with parents, depending on maturity level and ability to travel without a parent.

  • 7. How much prior knowledge of Chinese is needed to apply for the camp?

    The program is designed to stimulate interest from students to learn Chinese and to assist non- Chinese speakers and youth of Chinese heritage with limited Chinese language experience with acquiring and improving their language skills. We can accept students with no prior knowledge of Chinese, early beginners, and those in Chinese level I, II, or slightly higher.

  • 1. What is the international travel insurance and is it mandatory for every student?

    Every enrolled student must be covered by international travel insurance. Once students arrive in China, they may be sick as they try to adjust to the new environment physically and/or mentally. The host school's infirmary is available for minor illness such as stomach upset or minor cuts and falls. The hospital is made available to deal with other types of emergencies as needed.

  • 1. How much spending money should each student bring?

    The host school will provide food, accommodation, local travel and trip costs in China. So, 1500-2000RMB ($150-200 USD) will be enough.

  • 2. How much currency should be exchanged before departure?

    You may have to contact the main branch of your bank if you wish to exchange some money ahead of time. Otherwise, it is not necessary to exchange money before departure. Students will be able to exchange USD to RMB in the airport through the Bank of China. When they arrive at the host school, arrangements will also be made for currency exchange.

  • 3. Should students bring a credit/debit card?

    A Visa or Master card can be used in most Supermarkets and Department stores. However, there could be extra service fees charged to your card if you use it. Check with your bank before you depart for China.

  • 1. Should students pack a swimsuit?

    Yes, pack a swimsuit.

  • 2. What types of dress clothing are needed?

    Boys should bring at least one dressy outfit for dinner or opening ceremonies, and graduation. This can include a pair of dress pants and nice polo shirt, or short sleeve button down. Coats and ties are not necessary. 
    Girls should bring a dress or skirt of modern length, or dressy pants for more formal activities. This can be paired with a number of dressier tops, but it is better they not wear spaghetti strap tank tops or shirts that show midriff.

  • 3. What type of shoes should students bring?

    Students may spend a lot of time walking, so comfortable solid shoes are recommended. (Chaco, Teva, or Reef brands are a great travel option. They are versatile and easy to pack.) Students should easily be able to pack three pairs of shoes: one pair of flip flops/casual sandals, tennis shoes, and dressier casual shoes, which are not tennis shoes.

  • 1. If students get sick, what should they do?

    Students should alert their chaperons if they feel ill. First aid kits will be available at all times, and the host school will provide transportation to local hospitals in case of an emergency.

  • 2. Are all medicines self-administered?

    Host schools will have contact for local hospitals. If students take medicine regularly for asthma, diabetes, etc. these medicines should be self-administered. Please bring all medicine in original bottles and with a note from your home country doctor in case of emergency. Students may want to bring extra prescriptions with them for important medicines. Pack all medicines in carry on luggage. General medicines will be available at the host school.

  • 3. Will students need a physical and vaccinations for the trip?

    It is recommended you contact your family physician or your local travel clinic to get the most up-to-date health information. Also, GLC will tell you about any required vaccinations or precautions that should be taken well in advance of travel to China.

  • 1. What are the safety precautions used to ensure the safety of my child at camp?

    Global Link China utilizes top Chinese Universities for its programs because the campus envirnoments are secure and gated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a guard. Students enter and and exit through a main gate. All vistors must sign in/out and have specific business with the University prior to gaining entrance to the campus. In addition, students are asked to wear GLC t-shirts when traveling outside of the University on group tours.

  • 2. Who are my child's teachers or tour guide?

    Your student will have a classroom teacher and a dorm teacher. All dorm teachers speak English, Chinese, and possibly other languages. Students are with the dorm teacher whenever they are outside of the classroom. Dorm teachers go through a background check. In the case of short trips, students are with tour guides that speak both English and Chinese. Tour guides may stay with students throughout the trip to assist with language and culture. All of GLC tour guides go through a background check. 

  • 1. Do students need a passport and visa?

    A passport and visa is required for travel to China. Make two copies of your passport and visa. Leave one copy at home and carry one copy in your luggage. Families must check visa requirement and GLC will tell you about requirements well in advance of travel to China.

  • 2. Will students need to bring adaptors for electronics?

    Students will need to use adaptors to plug in any electronics. Voltage is 220 in China (compared to 110 in the U.S.). Students will need to purchase a voltage and outlet converter before or after they arrive in China. Even if you have not purchased one in U.S., the staff in host schools in China will help you buy one at the right store.

  • 3. Do students need to bring “gifts” from home for school children that will be met during their community service project?

    Students could bring small gifts, which represent U.S. or your home county to give to school children and/or friends made during the trip.